HockeyNeeds Market Posting Policies
The following activities are prohibited from HockeyNeeds Market:
- Posting non-hockey or non-hockey related items and services.
- Posting an item for sale that is not located in Canada.
- Posting an item for sale that is illegal to own, buy or sell in your area of residence.
- Posting an item for sale that is in the prohibited items and services list.
- Posting duplicate ads in multiple categories.
- Posting ads using multiple different email addresses.
- Posting an ad that serves no other purpose other than to send traffic to a web site.
- Posting a multi-level marketing or other prohibited jobs.
- Posting an ad containing a list of keywords not directly related to the item being sold.
- Posting an ad in languages other than English and French.
- Posting an ad that contains adult, mature or erotic content. Personals Are Not Allowed.
- Posting an ad that defames anyone or contains "Hate Speech".
- Posting opinions, notices, and discussion topics, which should instead be posted on social media sites.
- Posting an ad in an incorrect or misleading category or with misleading information.
- Posting as a Private Seller, Owner, or Individual when you are a Business, Dealer or Professional.
Please Note The Following:
Users must be at least 16 years old to post ads on their own. Ads for our younger users must be posted by an adult for security reasons.
Any ads that do not comply with HockeyNeeds Market policies may be removed from the site. Additionally, users who violate such policies may be blocked from using HockeyNeeds Market in the future.
We may, at any time, remove an ad if we believe it interferes with the well-being of the hockey community or the spirit of HockeyNeeds Market.
Our general rule is that you may not list, buy or sell items or services that are illegal to own, buy or sell in your province of residence, or that are not bought or sold in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. You are responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws relating to the item you list, buy or sell.
Ad Reply Code of Conduct
While HockeyNeeds Market does not actively monitor replies sent within our system between users, we reserve the right to delete or ban those who we deem to be using replies inappropriately.
When Contacting Other Users:
- Please treat them with courtesy and respect.
- Please do not reply to ads with unsolicited opinions, comments, or judgments on the content of the ads or about the poster.
- All replies to ads must be in connection with what the ad is offering. Replies regarding other commercial offers are not permitted.
- Abusive ad replies are not permitted. Any replies containing hate speech or defamation are strictly prohibited.
Impersonating other users, including supplying fake phone numbers is not permitted, and those who are found to be doing so may lose the ability to use HockeyNeeds Market.
HockeyNeeds Market reserves the right to revoke the ability of any users to reply to ads without notice.
If you receive a reply that you feel is inappropriate, please report it to our support team.
Recruitment Code of Conduct
When using HockeyNeeds Market, please keep in mind that all Recruitment advertised in classified Posts and in reply to other Posts must adhere to our Recruitment rules, as well as our regular posting policies.
The following types of Recruitment are prohibited from being advertised on the site:
- Non-Hockey Related Coaching, Player and/or Goalie Recruitment
- Pyramid schemes, or Recruitment that require up front or periodic payments.
- Recruitment involves sexual activities.
- Posts that are not clear regarding what type of involvement would be required.
In addition, please keep in mind that:
- Organizations and Teams Recruitment must be posted as Professional and detail all that is required, which include if there is a financial commitment.
- Discriminating against race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, disability and conviction for an offense for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered is prohibited.
- Replies to Posts for personal reasons, or for solicitation of any sexual or otherwise inappropriate purposes are strictly prohibited and may result in a loss of ability to utilize HockeyNeeds Post.
- Section 41 of the Quebec Charter of the French Language may be applicable to you and provides that every employer shall draw up and publish his offers of employment or promotion in French.
HockeyNeeds Market identifies the standards of behaviour that are expected of all its users to conduct themselves at all times in a fair and responsible manner. We are committed to providing and maintaining a minor hockey environment where all individuals are treated with respect.
HockeyNeeds Market cares about the safety of your entire family. We understand that in the age of technology, kids are on the internet more than ever and free online classifieds can be a fun way for them to find toys, video games, clothes, and other cool items.
While we pride ourselves on being a site that the whole family can use, we also know the concerns involved with transacting online.
We want to minimize these risks. Therefore, for anyone under 16 years of age, we ask that you have your parent/guardian respond to any ads you may be interested in. Also, if you wish to post an ad on HockeyNeeds Post, have your parent/guardian do so on your behalf, so they can be directly involved in the transaction.