Best Ways To Advertise Your Ad
A Bump Ad pushes your Ad from its current position (page 4) and places it back at the top of the first page, where it will gain better exposure in its category and in any relevant searches. It will remain at the top until another HockeyNeeds Post ad is posted or bumped ad, at which point your ad will move down accordingly. As such, it does not keep it on the front page indefinitely.
Note: The Bump Ad feature will reset the post date of your ad however, it will not extend the life of your ad. Bump Ad can be purchased for in all categories.
How does it work?
Sign in to your My HockeyNeeds Market account, and select My Ads. Go to the ad you wish to Bump Up and click on the Bump Ad button. A menu with all features will unfurl. You can choose 1, 3, 5 or 10 Bump Ups for that specific ad by clicking on the + symbol to reveal the different Bump Up options. If you choose more than 1, the remaining Bump Ups will be applied to your ad every 3 days until they’re all used. Once you have made your choice, click on Check Out and follow the payment steps to finalize your purchase.
Note: If you would like to Bump Up your ad before the 3-day interval is up, you can still do that manually by selecting 1 Bump Up, and it won’t affect the others you’ve purchased.
Bump Up your ad manually anytime you choose
Stand out from the crowd! The Highlight feature will highlight your ad in blue in both the search and category listings. This makes your ad stand out against other ads in the category to help gain more visitors and replies.
- The Highlight feature does not change the position of your ad in the general listings
- Ads that are Highlighted will be visible for a period of one week after the date of purchase.
- This feature is currently only applicable to ads on HockeyNeeds Market and will not apply to other classifieds like Auto listings.
Homepage Gallery Feature
There is no place like home. The Homepage Gallery feature upgrades your ad so that a second copy appears in the Homepage Gallery. This is a special section at the top of the HockeyNeeds Market Homepage (before you select a category) where ads are prominently displayed for greatest visibility.
This 7-day option is available for purchase on desktop and mobile devices (via your browser) however, it is not viewable on the HockeyNeeds Post app. This popular feature can be purchased from the My Ads section of My HockeyNeeds Market for an existing ad or at the bottom of the post ad form when you post a new ad.
- The Homepage Gallery feature does not change the position of your ad in the general listings.
- Your ad must have at least one picture uploaded in order to use this feature.
- The Homepage Gallery shows up to 10 ads at a time. If there are more ads than can be displayed, you can refresh the page or click an arrow to the right of the ads to see more.
Regular Price Feature
Tell the world they are getting a bargain! With the Regular Price feature, you can show potential buyers that you have reduced the price on a Gear or Service. With a feature like this, your ad will stand out from the crowd!
So, how does it work?
The Regular Price feature is accessible in 3 locations in My HockeyNeeds Market:
- When you are creating your post. In the Ad Price section, you can enter a Sale Price and then enter the Regular Price of the Gear, Item or Service.
- Via the My Ads tab within your Profile Setting. To reduce the price, click the suitcase icon and the feature will become available.
- Via the Edit Your Ad page. Simply reduce the price of your Gear, Item or Service and the feature will become available.
Once any of these steps are completed, the Ad will display the newly reduced price, original price and showing the potential buyer just how much they are saving!